Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Bad luck

Here is my day so far, Imagine solving all the problems when you’re on the opposite side of the world! And I am not allowed to be pissed off or sarcastic because people don’t get pissed off or sarcastic here!!!! (don’t read this if you’re on a good mood).

I have to pay the fee to the university and I did it last week but the problem is that it takes 10 for the money to get transferred. The thing is that my university in Sweden was suppose to pay for it but here in Japan they want the students to pay for it so they can se their names! What a fucked up system! No one else in this university has "Uppsala University" who's paying for them! Anyway, so I had to CALL the bank and wait in line for 12 minutes. Finally after on and off, the lady didn't even know what a "swift" is or what a "branch" is, we managed to transfer and they faxed the recite to the university. Now they want me to pay again in cash because they wont’ get the fee before Friday, witch means that I'll have to pay extra!

2.Then I got an article published in Sweden that I clearly said that I DID NOT want to publish! It’s already been published by someone else.

3. The girl I am renting my room back in Sweden is gone to England, she doesn’t answer my e-mail or my phone calls. She is according to the law supposed to rent to the end of December but she took of and I have no time to look for her. Now I have to find someone else while I'm in Japan.

4. My experiment went sooo wrong, so here we have a week of work for granted!!! I could have gone sight seeing for a week instead! 3. I can't login on my internet bank because the "dose" we out of order. The number "2" don't work. 4.My salary from the pharmacy that I just got for working in august is wrong! It's a lot of money missing so now I have to deal with that to.

5.Tomorrow I have to bear my landlady (se received e-mail below, sent by a German guy who had to deal with her today).
Pissed off white trash redneck liberal cynical, but not optimist right now!

Here’s the mail about my landlady!
***************************************************************************

Alright, now listen: One of the secretaries of my Prof got a call from THE Lady in our house. I should come over immediately for “room check” and payment of the last months rent. ???? Hä?? What’s going on here? I will move out tomorrow, she can do whatever check she wants tomorrow? No, .. today, she got no time tomorrow. In the end I went home to find this Lady sitting in front of the TV. I just read your email before and thought about this issue the whole way back. My adrenalin level was rising. Those kinds of people really getting on my nuts. I knocked on her door; she was asleep. Nice. She is calling me at work to come to my room immediately and she’s sleeping. I didn’t clean my room so far and I didn’t put my stuff together, so I was curious about her reaction. She came to my room with a huge folder. She started to ticking one of her hyper-important blanks. “ …. Bed….. hm, exist, ….. writing table, yes…. Air conditioner, …present…. Toilet, yes exist….. lamp..uh, yes…” I wasn’t sure whether I should laugh or damn her. What was that?? No, I don’t take the bed with me. And usually I don’t tear out the toilet. Well sometimes I destroy hotel rooms when I had too much of alcohol, cocaine and sex. But otherwise I’m kind’a relaxed guy. Well, in the end I had a good laugh. She kept on talking Japanese in one piece. I thanked her a thousand times and we agreed on handing over the key tomorrow. Smiling. Honestly, I’m not sure whether you need to be like that when you’re a caretaker of a student house. I had the same experience with my old caretaker in Germany. My hypothesis is: They only employ people with an IQ below 70. During the job interview they will ask sth like that: “Are you flexible? Yes? Oh, you’re overqualified. … Do you speak at least a little English? No? You’re our man. …. Can we see your brain CT scan? Ah, you just got a walnut in there, excellent. We’ll give you double salary.” This is ridiculous. I once helped an Arabic student back in Würzburg. Our janitor kept on talking German, even insulting him on his inability to speak German! I was furious, there is a smart guy from somewhere, coming to Germany to learn the language or another subject. And the moron of janitor is insulting him. Unbelievable. I bet this German caretaker never travelled to a foreign country.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noréééééééééén! :)
When things screw up, they all do it at the same time .
It is funny to read about, and really, you have to be able to laugh about it, at least when it happen to somebody else. ;)

Och jag är den erik pluggade kriminologi.

2:19 a.m.  
Blogger Diana Chavlah said...

Hej Erik,
vad kul att någon annan har kul åt det ialla fall. Nu måste jag fortsätta städa. Hoppas allt är väl med dig.
Kram

10:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home