Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back from the Typhoon, electricity cut and “out of the world cut”!



A strong Typhoon swept over this Sunday, cutting off all electricity an internet connection. It has been frustrating not to know until now what’s going on in the real world. I just found out that the left wing side lost the election back home.
As far as I know, from now on, I’ll have respect for typhoons. This Sunday when they told me about it, I thought; “it’s not a hurricane exactly so I’ll go out shopping”. Everything was closed and people were looking out of the window giving me the “go home look”. And I’m glad I did, 2 minutes after I arrived home, the hypocenter of the typhoon swept over and blew off a three outside my house.

That was a real close to life experience!

I was impressed by the police who knocked on everybody’s building and asked if they were all right. They even brought candles and ordered us to use them with safety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home