Monday, October 23, 2006

The truth is out there!


I went out in Fukoka this week end with a Canadian Girl, Diana (too) and I just simply have to review the club life in Japan out of a non feminist point of view.

Let’s start with entrance fees: for men 3000 yen (23 USD or 180 SEK), for woman 2000 yen (15USD or 120 SEK).

Woman could dance on the stage but not men.

The female bartenders wore little clothes. The male ones were fully dressed.

In that price, 2000 yen for woman, there were drinks included all night.

I thought it would be a really creepy environment with really drunk people. But actually there was nothing like that. No one got into a fight and they didn’t even have any security guarding the place.

This proves that alcohol policy is something that is ought to be taught instead of forbid young people to drink alcohol.

I have to say that the Japanese were really adorable. They were wild and crazy, not the way I am used to see them normally. Everything simply just comes out when they are out.

In the club, “happy coq” (suspicious name, I know), I meet a lot of American marines, who were on some kind of permission. Many Japanese women go to that club to find themselves an American man to marry, just so they can move out from their parents place. The Japanese guys were there to meet non Japanese woman, since they have a reputation of being “easy” compared to the Japanese woman. I actually had a 19 year old stalker (he looked like 15) who followed me the whole evening just because I talked to him for a short time.

And about the American marines, they were really cocky at “happy coq”! Since the Japanese women were running around them, their self confidence raised up to an unbelievable level. Please chill out. Back in Alabama, nobody will even look at you!

I had a great time at the place that kind of felt like a harmless meat market. When Diana disappeared, I could just start dancing with the Japanese around and have fun with them. That would not have been possible in Sweden. If I’d dance alone there, people would think “who’s that looser”. And from now on, I know that the Japan is more than just work work work because the truth is out there.


Diana wrote on her blog about "girls night out" from a more interesting point of view on this blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the issue with alcohol is partly culture and education, but the free, easy, and responsible culture you are witnessing in Japan I am sure stems partly from the way most Japanese can handle alcohol. Many asians have a less of the necessary enzymes to process alcohol, and are more prone to get sick if they dink too much. By contrast, Europeans are probably the most alcohol tolerant people in the world since for many generations they would have been poisoned from unclean water had they not had alcoholic beverages to drink. Swedes can out-drink and probably enjoy alcohol more than Japanese in general. My point is, education is less the issue here than underlying genetics. I agree though that it is probably more fun to party with Japanese who end up being more responsible drinkers that just want to have fun on a regular basis, than Swedes who would be more crazy. Once in a while though, drinking free drinks with Scandanavians has got to be great.

12:02 a.m.  
Blogger Sowa said...

Hey.. I really hope I didn't offend you by what I wrote in my blog. If you want me to edit it just let me know.

Cheers, D

1:45 a.m.  
Blogger Diana Chavlah said...

Hi di!
I didn't get offended! please that was the truth, I had a cross dressed transvestite who suggested a three some with his vietnamese boyfriend. I think that was bizarr and weird. Change it back ;)
I ususally don't get offended by much as long it has to do with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :))

Pace,
you're right about the Swedes but I have to say if you're alone some day you should absolutely go out with the japanese. The girls would simply adore you and you could get your own mail order bride :))
ok, just joking but the most interesting thing is actually the fact that they still see differences between men and woman. for instance the entrance fee and the way the bartenders dressed. puh, back home this club would be suted for sexual harassmens :)

9:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home