Wednesday, October 18, 2006

They'll never take away our freedom!!!


I’ve previously written about the situation here in Japan for the poor little kids. They are constantly being watched by either their parents or by the school. The parents require them to be the best student, the best ping pong player and the best pianist. It’s a hard knock life for them! Even people who doesn’t even want to continue school are being put under pressure. Why can’t people just accept the fact that some people are meant to study at the university and some are not?

The religious free schools (read Muslim free schools) that we have back home in Sweden provides this kind of society .That is following;

Children should not integrate with other non Muslims. That could give them an idea of changing their religion and that means that the parents won’t be able to have them under their rules.

In the end, this whole drama thing comes to sex. That’s what it’s all about. To be clear, a woman is nothing else than an “orgasm machine” for the men and that’s why she ought to wear a wail, because men simply “can’t behave”.

To connect these two stories that I’ve noticed, the first one from Japan and the second one from my time in Lebanon and Swede, the conclusion is; Society needs to protect children from “dangerous” parents!

The main philosophy as a neo liberal is to have a small government who can leave us alone so that we can decide what to do with our lives. BUT at the same time, we need a government who can make sure that the liberal (parents) ones won’t suppress others to become un liberal (children).

I still remember the time when I asked my mom if she was happy about moving from Lebanon to Sweden and the answer got to be; I’m happy to get this social welfare protection but I’ve lost my children on the cost of that…
What she meant was that “we were not under her rule” like we would have been back in Lebanon.

My mother is the coolest mom though. She went against the river and allowed me to move out of my parent’s house to study in Uppsala and she encouraged me to go to Japan. That, if something, is really impressive since all of her friends never let their daughters move out before marriage.

And that’s why we need the government. It’s easy to think that humans free minded, and on one way, I believe in that. But in order to be free minded we need influences from other people. And that’s why we shouldn’t let the religious free school take over the country.

The picutre has....ehhh... nothing to do with the text. Let's just say that it's a symbol for freedom or something. (It's a view from my apartment that I get to enjoy every morning)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With freedom comes responsibility.

1:52 a.m.  
Blogger Diana Chavlah said...

Is it better to deligate the responsibility to somone else than yourself?

9:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home