Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I just want a simple cell phone!

Ok, let’s getting started!
This blog will mostly take place in Nagasaki, Japan by a student who's writing the undergraduate thesis and will start a phd. The language is soo different, people speak worse. The students at my university work really really hard.
I haven't left the lab until 21 for two days now and I haven't even really started with my project.

The first werd thing that took place was actually when I tried to buy a cellphone.

Mobile shopping in Japan:
Me: Hi, I would like to buy a simple phone, for text message and calling.
Shop assistant (with really bad English): Well hwe gjot thizone fore youho, velly god, for text message, for calling, camera san, for e-mail, internet without cable, work all around the woljd. velly god.
Me: ok.. do you call that a simple phone?
The funny thing about that Hi-tek phone is the fact that the phone signal sounded like old nitendo computergame music. Well, everything here sounds like old nintendo computergame music. It's like being in a Hi-tek supermario world

Gozaimas!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sverker said...

Diana - you sound like my mother-in-law. "I just want a simple phone. I don't understand that a phone should be used for anything alse."

Otherwise, it seems like you're having fun. We'll miss you at our parties, though. Come back soon!

E-mail me and I'll drop you a fitting song for your Japanese experience.

All the best!

7:01 p.m.  
Blogger Diana Chavlah said...

Can you drop the song online to share with everyone instead?
kram

3:46 p.m.  
Blogger Pace said...

Diana,
I like your blog. Just make sure that it has text messaging. I have never seen someone text like you can

4:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home